This past weekend I got to visit a St. Louis Blues hockey game. Someone had taken my advice for St. Louis gifts and gifted my husband a set of tickets to the Blues/Predators game. He was nice enough to take me as his guest.
If you haven’t been to a Blues game, you’re in for a real treat. St. Louis fans have remained loyal to the Blues over the years, even without a Stanley cup to show for all their amazing seasons. With the Rams as our football team and the Cardinals’ future up in the air, having the Blues around is how we stay sane in the winter. McDonalds recently started a tradition where you get a free Big Mac when the Blues score 4 so people cheer “We Want Big Macs” after 3 goals. Another new tradition is the Power Play Dance. Don’t be afraid to look like a fool.
The Blues play their home games at the Scottrade Center in St. Louis. It’s conveniently located at the Civic Center Metrolink station so you can avoid driving downtown. Here’s the rest of the 2012 Blues home game schedule and you can buy tickets from the Blues on their website.
- Thursday 1/5 versus the Oilers
- Saturday 1/7 versus the Avalanche
- Thursday 1/12 versus the Canucks
- Saturday 1/14 versus the Wild
- Monday 1/16 versus the Stars
- Thursday 1/19 versus the Oilers
- Saturday 1/21 versus the Sabres
- Tuesday 1/24 versus the Penguins
- Saturday 2/11 versus the Avalanche
- Sunday 2/12 versus the Sharks
- Thursday 2/16 versus the Islanders
- Saturday 2/18 versus the Wild
- Wednesday 2/22 versus the Bruins
- Tuesday 3/6 versus the Blackhawks
- Thursday 3/8 versus the Ducks
- Saturday 3/10 versus the Blue Jackets
- Tuesday 3/27 versus the Predators
- Saturday 3/31 versus the Blue Jackets (Team Poster Night)
- Wednesday 4/4 versus the Red Wings
- Friday 4/6 versus the Coyotes (Fan Appreciation Night)