It’s time once again for some budget travel ideas. Like our 5 for $500 series we have a strict budget but this time I’ve upped the allowance to $1000. Why? This will be a 5-day/4-night trip with an activity every day. Doing more things requires more money. A quick breakdown of the “rules” for this trip:
- You must provide your own transportation. My $1000 plans assume you will drive or fly to your specific destination at your own expense. It’s hard for me to know where you are coming from so I will just be showing you where you’ll be going.
- These trips are all for a couple. If you have kids leave them behind or pay a little extra. If you’re single you can grab your closest friend and have them tag along with you.
- The trip will take place between December 26-December 30, 2011. A lot of people take the week between Christmas and New Year’s off so I’m planning around that. I’ll try to send you to places where it isn’t likely that you’ll be snowed in but this year has been crazy and anything can happen.
- 4 nights in a quality hotel
- A $20 combined budget for breakfast and lunch
- A daily dinner recommendation
- 1 activity a day