The 2011 All-Star Game is set to be held in Phoenix, Arizona at Chase Field, home to the Arizona Diamondbacks. If you’re planning a trip to the All-Star Game on July 12, 2011, plan your trip via VisitPhoenix.com or consider our ideas for what to do in town:
- Short Leash Hot Dogs: This mobile food truck has some of the most loyal fans in town. A schedule can help you plan where to get the local sausages served on naan with a variety of toppings.
- Cibo: You’ll find some amazing gourmet pizzas and Italian food here. The burrata appetizer is beloved and for dessert don’t forget to pick up one of the Nutella crepes.
- Carolina’s Mexican Food: You can’t go to the Southwest without getting some Mexican food. Tortillas here are freshly made, portions are huge, and prices are affordable.
- Matt’s Big Breakfast: Arrive early, put your name on the list, and know the food is worth the wait. The food is local and while everything on the menu is delicious, the rotating daily specials tend to get the biggest praise.
- Sheraton Phoenix Downtown Hotel: This hotel is just across the street from the stadium with convenient access to all attractions and the highest marks in town.
- Holiday Inn Express Phoenix Downtown: Located downtown, you’ll find cheaper prices, pool, and a hot breakfast bar.
- Hyatt Place Phoenix/Mesa: While on the outskirts of town, this hotel provides convenient highway access and affordable rates. Rooms are designed to resemble suites to make rooms more accessible for families.
- All-Star Fan Fest: From Friday, July 8 through Tuesday, July 12, fans have a chance to see exhibits, meet players, get autographs, and enjoy Major League clinics and seminars all across the street from Chase Field.
- For the kids: Phoenix Children’s Museum is a great place for kids under 10 to let out some energy and learn about the world around them. Named one of Parent Magazine’s Top 10 Children’s Museums, this museum is only 4 blocks north of Chase Field and is best visited right at opening.
- Desert Botanical Garden: About a 20-minute drive away from the stadium you’ll find a place to learn all about the beauty of nature in a desert. Follow the nature trails or take one of the complimentary tours to make the most of your experience.
- Fly into Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX). Rent a car or take the light rail into the city.
- Rent a car if you plan to stay outside the downtown area. Otherwise light rail and buses are your best option. Consider getting a 3-day pass for $10.50 or a 7-day pass for $17.50 with additional fees for Express or Rapid Routes.
- Save on tickets for Fan Fest on July 8 during Fan Friendly Friday. Buy one adult ticket, get one free. Use code BOGF to save at Ticketmaster.
- On the second Tuesday of every month, the Botanical Garden has free admission from 1-8 PM. That will be July 12 during your trip.